Starcraft II Q&A Batch 40
Blizzard has released another great Starcraft II Q&A batch, there is no general theme like the last batch. This batch ranges from how intricate death animations effect a players APM performance to what the fate is of units inside a Dropship that gets corrupted by a Zerg unit. The two Q&As I personally found most interesting below.
3. What happens with the units inside a Nydus Worm if it gets killed? Considering it can carry 255 units, would they all die? (sc2pod.com)
Units inside the Nydus network will only die when all entrance/exits are killed. This includes the Nydus Warren building, the prerequisite to build Nydus Worms, as it also acts as an entrance and exit to the Nydus network. Nydus Worms that are not deployed as an entrance/exit will not count as an entrance/exit to the network.
6. In SC: BW we have terrain bonuses for units, for example standing behind a tree or being on higher ground while shot from lower. Are you keeping or maybe even improving such this feature and what happens with large units that are more massive (Thor) or simply larger (Colossus) than a tree or even a cliff? (broodwar.de)
Terrain bonuses are no longer present in StarCraft II. Instead, line of sight will be vastly more important. For instance, units firing from a higher ground will not be able to be seen by ground units without line of sight vision, and thus the ground units will not be able to fire back.
Check out the full Starcraft II Q&A Batch 40.
- Starcraft II Q&A Batch 33
- StarCraft II Q&A Batch 51 Posted!
- StarCraft II Q&A – Batch 38
- Starcraft II Q&A Batch 48 Posted
- Blizzard Releases New Zerg Movie