9 iPhone Games in the works at EA Mobile
Out of the list of upcoming iPhone games, I’m looking forward to SimCity, The Sims 3 and Need for Speed Undercover. With so many great racing games already available for the iPhone, it’ll be interesting to see how EA Mobile can push the envelope, one feature that is bound excite all racing fans would be the addition of multiplayer over EDGE/3G wireless networks.
The nine titles mentioned do not include the upcoming iPhone game, Spore, which is due to be released this Sunday. No official release dates were given for any of the upcoming titles.
Although I do often talk about the potential the iPhone touchscreen has for mobile gaming, one downside gamers should keep in mind is the key differences between finger vs stylus input. Using a finger for touchscreen input will never have the level of precision a stylus will offer, which is why Windows Mobile phones have extremely small GUI buttons compared to the iPhone. For games like SimCity this is going to be an important factor, I’m cautiously optimistic that EA Mobile will design the game to work well with finger input.
EA Mobile iPhone Games:
- Yahtzee Adventures
- EA Mini Golf
- Lemonade Tycoon
- Monopoly: Here & Now The World Edition
- Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 09
- Need for Speed Undercover
- The Sims 3
- iPhone and iPod touch big winners at IGF Mobile 2009
- Build your urban empire in ‘SimCity’ for the iPhone
- New Gameplay Video of ‘The Sims 3′ for the iPhone
- Hands-on Video: Need For Speed Undercover
- Blizzard Mobile Authenticator coming to the iPhone