Kroll brings Bash’n'Crush Adventure Gaming to the iPhone
Kroll by Digital Legends was first debuted at Apple’s World Wide Developers Conference earlier this year, the crowd was amazed by the great graphics and fluid gameplay to say the least.
The demo changed the way people viewed the iPhone and iPod touch, no longer was it just a portable media player, now it offered graphics on par with dedicated portable console systems such as Sony PSP and Nintendo DS.
Fast forward 4 months later, Kroll (App Store) has finally arrived in the App Store, priced at $7.99. Kroll has received a warm reception from iPhone and iPod touch gamers, scoring 4½ stars based on 59 reviews, and it doesn’t look like the trend will change anytime soon.
Kroll presents genuine arcade coin-up gameplay from the 80′s with the most advanced 3D graphics technology ever used on a mobile device and effective touchscreen controls that delivers intuitive gameplay.
- Kroll will immerse gamers in amazing 3D action with its groundbreaking technology built explicitly for the iPhone touchscreen with its full graphics capabilities.
- Epic environments enhance the iPhone gameplay and experience, with hectic fighting at the mountainside, inside molten magma mines, and high above active volcano in magical floating prison.
- Bash’n'Crush your way through nine hectic levels destroying ever increasing amount of enemy hordes and play through awesome cinematic boss battles.
- Extend your experience through 3 difficulty levels (Normal, Hard and Insane) for more crushing action. Scoring system keeps track of your progress.
- Use the accelerometer of your device to activate special attacks and touchscreen for controlling your character.
- iPhone the ‘perfect storm’ for MMO mobile gaming?
- WWDC 2008: iPhone gaming takes center stage
- Gameloft’s take on the iPhone as a gaming platform
- Myst already available for PSP and DS, why bother with the iPhone port?