Play ‘Chess With Friends’ available now in the App Store
Newtoy released Chess With Friends, a multiplayer chess game that allows players to take their moves over the course of hours, days or even weeks. This form of chess is known as, correspondence chess.
Chess With Friends (AppStore) will only be free for the first 1,000 downloads, then it will be sold at the regular price of $4.99, so don’t miss out on the best chess game for the iPhone and iPod touch.
Chess With Friends isn’t the first chess game to implement multiplayer, this honor goes to Versus Chess, which allows for fun lightning rounds of chess, but the fast pace isn’t for everyone and players can’t continue the game after closing the app.
Chess With Friends takes multiplayer chess to the next level by allowing players to make their moves at their own pace, even after closing the app, players can come back at a later time to make their move.
You can have multiple chess matches going at once to keep you busy, so you won’t be waiting for one friend to make a move for days. Even if your friends aren’t fans of chess and are unwilling to pick up this game, you could always play against strangers, so there won’t be any shortage of opponents.
It’s great to see Newtoy taking advantage of the iPhone’s always online presence, Chess With Friends is a truly promising game with great potential.
In the next update, Newtoy will add in-game chat to Chess With Friends, let the smack talk begin!
- Need an opponent? Pick a friend directly from your iPhone or iPod touch’s contact list!
- Make a move anytime, anywhere. Chess With Friends works over EDGE, 3G or Wi-Fi.
- Play multiple games with your friends at the same time!
- Let our servers find you a game automatically with the “Random Opponent” feature (and don’t worry, it will keep searching for an opponent even after you close the app!)
- Your games list automatically and refreshes every time you launch the app. Check the list and make your moves.
- “Pass and Play” to challenge a friend in person.
- An intuitive interface makes playing chess a breeze. This is the chess game you’ve been waiting for!
- Chess With Friends
- Words With Friends
- Versus Chess
- Words With Friends HD
- Beginner’s Guide to Words With Friends