Valve’s Portal ported to the iPhone
A video has surfaced on YouTube showcasing Valve’s popular mind-bending puzzle game, Portal, running on the iPhone.
The video indicates that the Unity engine was used to produce this port. The Unity engine is multi-platform development tool that can produce games for Windows, Mac, Wii and iPhone. Zombieville being the most notable App Store game to date built with the Unity engine.
Valve hasn’t made any official announcements about plans to bring Portal to the iPhone, so odds are this port was produced by fans to test the limits of the iPhone, and it looks like the iPhone 3G didn’t break a sweat running Portal. So how about it Valve, can we get an official port already?
- This Cake is Not a Lie: Portal on iPhone is Real
- Unreal Engine 3 Running on iPod touch and iPhone 3GS
- The Secret of Monkey Island Released for the iPhone
- Electronic Arts Releases Word Game Boggle for iPhone
- Gameloft’s Gang$tar to offer the closest GTA experience on the iPhone yet