Capcom Releases Resident Evil 4 for iPhone
Capcom brings more survival horror action to the iPhone in its latest release, Resident Evil 4 (iTunes Link). The game has received high scores across the board, Metacritic gave Resident Evil 4 for PS2 a 96% rating.
But we should keep in mind this game was released back in 2005 and gaming standards have vastly improved since then. The game description boldly states Resident Evil 4 as “The best 3D graphics to date on iPhone”. With games like Doom Resurrection in the App Store it’s hard to take their words seriously.
I haven’t seen any major additions to Resident Evil 4, as far as I can tell it’s just a straight port. It’s disappointing to see Capcom not embracing the iPhone like developers such as ngmoco, which have made a name for themselves by creating games specifically designed for the iPhone.
Regardless of Capcom’s missed opportunity, it’s still good to see Capcom releasing titles for the App Store, let’s just hope they step up their game in the future.
- Capcom releases ‘Resident Evil Degeneration’ for the iPhone
- Resident Evil 4 Spotted in Japanese App Store
- Japanese Developers show strong interest in iPhone platform
- Square Enix releases ‘Crystal Defenders’ for the iPhone
- Valve’s Portal ported to the iPhone