Upcoming Modern Combat: Sandstorm Update to Add Multiplayer Support
Gameloft has submitted an update of their popular first-person shooter, Modern Combat: Sandstorm, to Apple for review. Normally we don’t post about game updates, but this one is quite substantial. Gameloft is adding multiplayer support to Modern Combat: Sandstorm, playable over both local Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Hang on, it gets even better, multiplayer will also be playable online!
Now when talking about online multiplayer first-person shooters the first game that comes to mind for most is ngmoco’s Eliminate, which was the first App Store game to offer online FPS action on a large scale. Like Eliminate, Modern Combat: Sandstorm will include a Free-for-All mode (Deathmatch), while also advancing online multiplayer on the iPhone with the addition of Team Deathmatch.
I don’t know about you guys, but I can’t wait to get my hands on this update. It shouldn’t be long before the update goes live. Oh and one last thing, Gameloft LIVE support will be added with this update as well.
- Gameloft Releases First Video of Modern Combat: Sandstorm
- Gameloft Releases Modern Combat: Sandstorm for iPhone
- Red Alert, Worms and Madden NFL 10 get Multiplayer Update
- Commander Europe at War Update adds Cross-Platform Multiplayer
- iPhone Doom Classic to support Multiplayer over Bluetooth