iSniper 3D: An Impressive iPhone Shooter
I’ve become a bit jaded when it comes to App Store shooters. There are a lot of shooters available in the App Store, but very few worth playing. When I saw the release of iSniper 3D I thought to myself, oh lord, another iPhone shooter. Reluctantly I gave iSniper 3D a try.
I was surprised by the build quality of the game and how much thought went into it. For starters the environment and characters are in full 3D, the game looked great and still ran smooth.
For aim iSniper 3D takes the same approach as Doom Resurrection by utilizing the accelerometer. The accelerometer is very sensitive, this made it quite challenging to line up shots. To steady your aim you can actually hold your breath in iSniper 3D, but only for a brief moment.
There’s a lot more to the game I haven’t played enough to complete a review, but based on my initial impressions iSniper 3D was impressive. Definitely worth checking out if you’re a fan of iPhone shooters.
App Store Link: iSniper 3D ($0.99)
- Impressive Space Shooter Shadows of Lylat Headed for Mac
- ‘Doom Resurrection’ for iPhone to be an On-Rails Shooter
- Namco Releases Arcade Shooter ‘Time Crisis Strike’ for the iPhone
- Classic Shooter ‘Duke Nukem’ Coming to the iPhone
- Paper Shooter Inkvaders Now Available for iPhone